[LCC] FW: ARRL FD K5UA 2B LP

Roland Guidry rguidry at na5q.us
Mon Jun 28 18:40:48 EDT 2010

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: K5UA
Operator(s): K5UA NA5Q
Station: K5UA

Class: 2B LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   40:  334     41
   20:  277    110
   15:   87     18
----------------------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Total score 3,480 with bonus points.

Comments:

Charles, K5UA and I (Roland), NA5Q operated at a public campground, Lakeview
RV, North of Eunice, La. in Evangeline Parish. We chose that location
because of the many 80 to 100 ft. pine trees from which to hang wire. We
only place 40m and 20m vertical dipoles. We probably could have made more
Q's if we had an 80m wire up, but we operated for fun.

We are members of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, but decided not to
participate with their FD in Rayne, La., instead decided to operate on our
own for a full dedicated operation in Class 2B, which we won in 2008. This
year we doubled our score and hope to win the Delta Division for Class 2B.
Maybe Charles will get a plaque to place in his shack too! Hope everyone did
well and had a safe FD.

PS: I field that some are going to QSL for the Evangeline Parish location.
Hi!