[LCC] low band antenna experience

Dan Edward Dba East edwards dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 15 10:23:15 EDT 2010

FWIW
our ( w5wmu & me ) experience over decades of working the low bands has been:
if its not at least 1000' long, a beverage is not that impressive...directivity seems poor..
my more recent experiences with a suburban 1/2 acre lot: rx 4 square with active whips as elementsat least limits the azimuth of local 'crud' you have to listen to, and suppresses hi anglejunk. dxEngineering sells a pricey array. K7TJR sells the components to build yourown. if you can solder, its MUCH less expensive. Lee's antennas do not need radials !!
 http://www.hizantennas.com/
the k9ay works, but has no side rejection, which is very useful in this part of thecountry during contests and thunderstorms....ditto EWE's and pennants..
see ya on 160, my favorite band...73, w5xz, dan