[LCC] W5WZ - NAQP SSB Aug 2010 summary

Scott Dickson, W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Sun Aug 22 17:56:54 EDT 2010

I had planned on putting in the full 10 hours allowed.  However, fatigue did
me in around 9:30 on Saturday night.  I had taken 32 minutes off for supper
around 6:30.

Total Time On 07:54  (474 mins)

Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec   NA
1.8       1      1    1    0
3.5       1      1    1    0
  7      77     77   30    0
 14     377    377   47    2
 21       2      2    2    0
 28       1      1    1    0
Total   459    459   82    2

Score : 38,556

Kept the 2nd radio on either 21.3 or 28.4 most of the contest, never hearing
any activity.  Jumped on 40m in the late afternoon mainly to grab some
multipliers when 20m seemed to fade out.  Moved back to 20m as it began to
support higher rates again.  I can't stand the noise on 80m, so I didn't
even try other than moving K5ER for the mult there and on 160m.

I was disappointed that the bands were so poor - I had hoped for 1,000+
QSOs.

Jordan KF5GDJ came out to the shack and gave it a try on 10meters using my
mult station 756P2 and 2-element quad.  She called CQ for quite a while, but
never got an answer.  I had sure hoped 10 would have been open!

Nevertheless, a bad day contesting beats a good day at work!

--W5WZ