[LCC] Club meeting THIS Saturday

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Mon Apr 19 14:47:43 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,
	Well, its that time again, time to get together, share some ideas and
excitement on our favorite part of Amateur Radio - CONTESTING! Our next LCC
meeting is this Saturday, April 24, at the Monroe Hamfest. Rather than
having to hurry through to get out of others way, we were given the 11:30
slot, and have 90 minutes. We will have a video, geared toward beginning
contesters, but with tips that many of us can put to good use. This is also
the time for our yearly election of officers. If you WON'T be able to
attend, you can vote on the club website. Go to N5LCC.com and look for the
scrolling banner at the top. Electronic votes MUST be in by Midnight, April
22 to count. Online votes will be added to live votes at the meeting and
the winner will be declared. We will also have a couple of expenditures
that we have to decide whether to put in the budget for next year. We'll
also talk about Dayton and club meeting dates/locations for next year.
	So, if you won a certificate this past year and want to show it off, need
advice on some particular aspect of contesting, or just want to hang with
other folks with similar interests, join us in Monroe on Saturday. Hope to
see everyone there.

"Contesting IS a contact sport!"