[LCC] Contest Plaque Sponsorship Opportunities

Scott Dickson w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Apr 5 22:37:58 EDT 2010

  _____

From: Mike [mailto:k4gmh at arrl.net]
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 13:13
To: W5WZ at arrl.net
Cc: w0yk at msn.com; Doug Grant
Subject: Re: FW: WPX CW Contest Plaque Sponsorship Renewal

Hello Scott,

Thank you for expressing the Louisiana Contest Club's interest in sponsoring
a RTTY plaque.

For 2010, the 2010 CQ WW WPX RTTY Contest still has a few categories without
plaque sponsors - SOAB LP Asia, and any of the single band, HP or LP, North
America categories.  Another possibility would be for a call area specific
type of plaque, e.g., SOAB HP 5th Call Area (Hank Lonberg, KR7X, is
sponsoring a SOAB HP 7th Call Area plaque in memory of W7GG.)   Several
clubs sponsor Club Competition category plaques, e.g.,  Potomac Valley Radio
Club sponsors the Club Competition, World plaque and the Northern California
Contest Club sponsors the plaque for the North America category winner.
These are some suggestions/possibilities to consider for the 2010 WPX
Contest.  If the Club decides to sponsor a plaque for this year's Contest,
please identify the category as soon as possible due to the approaching
deadline on getting the information to CQ Magazine for publication of the
Contest results and plaque winners/sponsors.

Just finishing up the 2009 CQ WW DX RTTY Contest plaque artwork.  The 2010
CQ WW DX RTTY Contest plaque sponsorship arrangement is to give the 2009
sponsors the first right to re-sponsor their plaque categories in 2010.
This notification for continued sponsorship goes to the 2009 sponsors in
late August/early September.   A general solicitation is placed on the RTTY
Reflector right before the Contest in late September for new sponsors for
any of the categories not picked up by a previous sponsor or for any new
category plaque sponsors.  If the Club is interested in starting a plaque
sponsorship for the 2010 Contest, then I can let you know which of the
previous sponsored plaques will need a new sponsor prior to putting out the
general solicitation.  At this time, I have no idea of which presently
sponsored plaques will need a new sponsor.  Still, a number of the same
plaque sponsorship categories available for the 2010 WPX Contest are
available for the 2010 CQ WW DX RTTY Contest.

The cost per plaque is $65 due at the time of committing to plaque
sponsorship.  The funds can be sent direct to:
Mike Sims, K4GMH
410 Brooke Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
USA

or via PayPal using my e-mail address, k4gmh at arrl.net, as the account
identifier.

Again, thank you and the Louisiana Contest Club for considering sponsoring a
plaque in the fastest growing contesting mode, RTTY.