[LCC] CQWW_SSB - W5RU @ KN5O

Ted Saba kn5o at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 26 12:59:32 EDT 2009

HI Guys..

Well, I had not intended to put much of an effort into this past weekend.. Didn't
think I had much stamina to do it.. I had also thought about taking up the invite
I got from Marshall, K5QE, to go to George D.'s (NR5M) station outside of
Houston for a real treat at a superstation - but the XYL had other plans..
Marshall is a great host by the way and VHF contesting can be a real challenge
and a ball.. Looking forward to the next one @ K5QE.  Looks like NR5M put
up some great numbers..

Anyway, Dallas, K1DW joined me on Saturday for a romp through 15 and 20
meters.. I also entertained a visitor ham from California, KI6BEN, John Vargas
(he and XYL were in New Orleans for an upcoming convention and asked if he
could visit).  Of course, I wanted to accommodate his request.. And he operated
for 3-4 hours - great OP by the way - took the bull by the horns and went for it.
He had a ball.. And we establsihed a great new relationship..

Had brunch commitment on Sunday - most of the day and combined with getting
some sleep on Friday night and Saturday night, put in about 29 hours total..

Have not submitted log to 3830 yet, nor to CQ.. Will do that in a couple of days.
But thought I'd share our results with you as you have been kind to do so.. Sorry
many of you could not put the time in as well.. I think it would be nice for one
of us to host this event for M/S or M/M to see what we can really do from LA.
Of course, I stand ready to do that for any of you... Perhaps we can convince Pat
to try sometime at his great station..

So for a non-planned, part-time effort, here are our preliminaries...  All S&P
except for a brief 10 min run to PY-land on 10M.  We had 5 dupes.. 15M
was the money band - how nice it was!  80M sucked big-time.. Could hear
EU very well on the beverages, but they could not hear the US.. Bummer..
And my 160M antenna is down right now, so no joy there - not sure there
would have been any anyway.  The calculated score below was 1,628,145 points..

73,
Ted
KN5O

CQ-WW-SSB W5RU 2009
Summary
Total QSO :1200

      Band QSO        Time     DXCC WAZ
      160 0        0     0 0
      80 47        107     31 12
      40 254        179     95 30
      20 370        525     117 32
      15 467        877     120 29
      10 59        642     11 8
      Total 1195        2330     374 111

Created by SH5 v1.25 (29 November 2007) - rescab.nm.ru
Sunday, October 25, 2009, 23:28