[LCC] Midway Island 2009

Scott Dickson, W5WZ W5WZ at arrl.net
Sun Jul 26 06:58:09 EDT 2009

  _____

From: Jpater at aol.com [mailto:Jpater at aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 16:31
To: info at louisianacontestclub.org
Subject: Midway

logo.jpg

July 2009

Dear Friends at Louisiana Contest Club:

As you know by now, there is a multi-national team of eighteen highly
experienced DXpeditioners that will activate Midway Island this October.
Dave WB4JTT, and Tom N4XP, are our skilled co-leaders.

Because of Midway's unusual circumstances dealing with US Governmental
controls, it has not been active since 2002.  Before that period, activity
was sparse.   We will operate as many as six radios on all bands from 160
through 6 meters on CW, SSB, RTTY and SSTV.

As with other DXpeditions of this magnitude, the cost of transportation is
immense, and is our biggest expense.  We need all the assistance we can get,
and are requesting financial support from the DX community.  We would
appreciate any help your club can provide.  Would you please present this
request to the membership for consideration?  If there is a specific grant
application that needs to be completed, please forward it to n4xp at juno.com.

Clubs who contribute over $750 will see their logo on the QSL card, and
their logo will be on all presentations that will be shown worldwide.  All
contributions are also listed on our web site.

Information on procedures for making donations can be found on our web site
at www.midway2009.com <http://www.midway2009.com/> . You may also contact
our treasurer, Bruce W6OSP, at w6osp at aol.com for assistance with your
donation.

For convenience, those making donations from Europe, please contact Markus
DL9RCF at dl9rcf at t-online.de for assistance with your donation.   He is our
financial representative for Europe and will forward all donations to our
treasurer.

We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance for your
support.

Janet Pater, W8CAA

For the Midway Team

Tom Harrell, N4XP              Dave Johnson, WB4JTT    Bruce Butler, W6OSP

  Team co-leader                        Team co-leader
Midway Team Treasurer

Team Members:  AA4NN, DJ9ZB, I8NHJ, K6TD, K9CT, KH7U, N1DG, N4PN, N4XP,
N6HC, N7CQQ, ND2T, W6KK, W6OSP, W8GEX, WA7NB, WB4JTT, 9VIYC

  _____