[LCC] NAQP contests

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Thu Jul 23 16:30:33 EDT 2009

	First, my apologies to the RTTY guys in the club. With the IARU contest
and our meeting in Slidell, the NAQP RTTY last weekend snuck up on me. Hope
you guys did good.

	We do still have a couple of short, fun contests before the temps start to
drop and we enter the major Fall contest season. The NAQP, both CW (August
1-2) and SSB (August 15-16) are coming up soon. Full rules are here
http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php .  These are 12 hour (max) contests and
single ops are limited to 10 hours. Everybody is limited to a max output of
100 watts. The exchange is very simple, name and state.

	If you operate, (and why wouldn't you?), be sure your logging software
adds the "CLUB:  Louisiana Contest Club" line to your cabrillo file. For
NAQP, there are only 2 categories, single op or multi 2. Last August W5wmu
took 2nd place nationally in the M/2 category. Also, for single ops, there
is the added fun of team competition. Up to five people on a team,
competing against all other teams. Last year, with the club barely 2 weeks
old, we fielded 2 teams and placed 14th and 33rd.  We would like to field
several competitive teams if possible, but we need YOUR participation!

	ALL LCC members who plan to be active as single ops can post a message to
lcc at louisianacontestclub.org . To keep it simple, use the subject line
"NAQP teams". We will compile the list of participants and just before the
contest, finalize the teams and submit the info to the contest sponsor.
Remember, these contests start at 1pm local time, so getting your
participation plans in a little early would be appreciated.

We'll start with me:

call		CW (8/1/09)	SSB (8/15/09)
K5ER		unsure		YES

Who else wants to play?