[LCC] Stack Match by WX0B - where did you install them?

Scott Dickson, W5WZ W5WZ at arrl.net
Wed Jan 28 11:10:11 EST 2009

I'm getting closer to installing hardware on my tower.  The next question to
be answered is where to install the stack match relay boxes.  The choices
are at the base of the tower, or at the mid-point of my three-high stack
(roughly 60 feet up the tower).  There will be four stack matches installed
- one for each band 10, 15, & 20 will be 3-high stacks and 40 will be a
2-high stack)

The consideration is the extra 60' in the eleven matching runs of coax = 660
ft x .80 = $528 plus shipping for LMR400.

What has been your experience with the Stack Matches?  Will there be enough
maintenance issues to cause me to want them at ground level?

--Scott, W5WZ