[LCC] LA QSO Party, 2009

Roland Guidry na5q at w5ddl.org
Thu Feb 26 09:38:36 EST 2009

Great job Mark. You made us proud.

Roland NA5Q

-----Original Message-----
From: lcc-bounces at louisianacontestclub.org
[mailto:lcc-bounces at louisianacontestclub.org] On Behalf Of Mark, K5ER
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:08 AM
To: lcc at louisianacontestclub.org
Subject: [LCC] LA QSO Party, 2009

Hi Guys,
	A few weeks ago, we posed the question of activating our club call,
N5LCC, in the LAQP. We had no objections, so it was very appropriate that
the Louisiana Contest Club's call was first used in the Louisiana Qso Party
(Contest?). K5ER operated as N5LCC in the single op, high power category.

	I operated the entire 12 hours and had fun giving out OUAChita
Parish. I got one 9 year old Extra, who needed LA for her last WAS state,
and one who needed LA for their last in the LOTW Triple Play Challenge. W5WZ
was my most logged contact, having worked him on 12 bands (6 CW and 6 ssb) ,
N5HMH was my next with 6 bands, and I got a couple more LCC members over the
duration. I bagged all 50 states, 5 provinces, 4 Parishes and 13 DX
countries.

	It was a fun event and I hope I did the club proud. I ended up with
744 QSO's in the log, with points and mults applied, this totals to 178,500
points, which I hope challenges for the record. For the math type folks,
this breaks down to one contact every 58 seconds, on average. My highest
rate hit 247/hour. Now that was a blast. C U next year!