[LCC] Louisiana Qso Party, Feb 14

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Fri Feb 6 00:52:42 EST 2009

Hi Guys,
	The annual LAQP is almost here. The contest runs 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM local
time on Saturday, February 14. We've been talking it up in the Northeast
part of the state and hope to have over a dozen stations participating over
several parishes. I hear that there are several teams from the CTDXCC who
are planning to do rover operations within Louisiana. If you have any time
at all, please consider getting on and giving out some contacts. If there
aren't any Louisiana stations to contact, the other guys will lose interest
pretty quickly, so get on if possible.

	The rules allow you to work each station once per band/mode. It allows
contacts on all (non WARC) bands from 160 through 2 meters, so you have the
possibility of 16 QSO's per station. Additionally, you can work a rover
again in EACH parish they activate. Mults count per band/mode, so this can
be a pretty high scoring contest, and lots of fun.

	The Thibodaux club has been doing a great job of sponsoring this contest.
You can find a link to check the rules, get a list of parish abbreviations,
or just stop by to thank them for their sponsorship, at their club's site:
W5YL.org.

	Good luck to all who plan to participate, and I'll look for you on the air.

K5ER.com