[LCC] W5WZ CQ WW CW - very casual

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Nov 30 08:22:54 CST 2020

CQWW CW W5WZ M/2 HP
Contact photo
 From webform at b4h.net on 2020-11-29 18:54
Details
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W5WZ
Operator(s): W5WZ WM5H
Station: W5WZ

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): hit and miss, QSOs made across about 4 - 5 hours
in the shack amid dozens of distractions and things I was doing rather
than focusing on the radio

   160:
    80:   37    11       25
    40:   14     9       12
    20:   82    31       38
    15:   26    15       16
    10:   21     4        6
------------------------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Nothing serious here at all.  I've been cleaning out and
remodeling/repainting
my shop, including the ham shack kitchen, bathroom, and even have begun
repainting the shack.  In between coats of paint, I spent some time on
the
radio, but just couldn't get interested in serious contest efforts.

On Sunday Bobby WM5H came out to see the remodel progress and play a
little
radio.  I got up from the chair to paint another coat.  My wife came out
to shop
and visited.

Sadly, we learned today that the wife of a dear friend to both Bobby and
me (Mark Ketchell K5ER's wife Becky) is
nearing the end of her battle with cancer, and is now on hospice care at
home.  That news took what wind was left
right out of our sails.

Grateful for any time on the radio.  Grateful for any time with friends.

#GiveThanks

--Scott, W5WZ