[LCC] Call for CW ops with a goal in mind!

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Jul 20 10:01:09 CDT 2020

Call for CW ops with a goal in mind!

This year at W5WZ, we have won January NAQP SSB M/2, and now it appears
we have won July NAQP RTTY M/2.  I would love to also win NAQP CW M/2
from W5WZ in the same year.  In the January 2020 NAQP CW, me and WM5H
(both not expert CW ops) placed 7th in the category with 1,154 QSOs.

This will be an on-site effort; I don't think my remote station
capabilities are mature enough yet for an effort of this magnitude.

August NAQP CW is just under 2 weeks out - 1800 UTC August 1 to 0600 UTC
August 2, 2020 (first full weekend in August).  It is a 12-hour contest,
1pm to 1am local time.

The station configuration for this effort:
Run A - K3
Run B - K3 **interlocked with** in-band S&P B - FT-1000MP (very
successful in IARU, 1,500 watts at both stations, negligible
interference between stations)

If you are interested in participating in this effort to win the
category, please reach out to me ASAP!

--Scott, W5WZ