[LCC] FW: RTTY WPX AA5AU SOAB LP

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 9 15:19:31 CST 2020

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  255
   40:  427
   20:  704
   15:   88
   10:    1
------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Highlight of the contest was being called by the Godfather of RTTY
contesting
software - Ray WF1B.

I'm a little disappointed in not surpassing my 2018 score even though I came
very close. I was hoping for 1500 Q's and 700 mults. I had more contacts
this
year but slightly less multipliers. This may be my 3rd highest score ever in
this contest low power after 2016 (1st) and 2018 (2nd). But considering
conditions were worse than in those years, I'll take it.

This is the first major contest for a PC I built from a used tower. I put an
SSD
and Windows 10 Pro in it and loaded WriteLog. No COM ports yet so I used a
Mortty for FSK/PTT and a USB-to-serial adapter for rig control. It worked
great
and glad to finally retire the XP machine.

All in all a great contest for me. Great to see everyone again.

73, Don AA5AU