[LCC] Update from the LCC President - 04/24/2020

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Fri Apr 24 14:43:46 CDT 2020

Hello all!

I hope you are all well and managing as best as you can during this
Covid-19 situation.  It is certainly unlike anything I have ever
experienced.

I wanted to share with you additional progress that has been going on
with the Louisiana Contest Club and the Louisiana QSO Party.

First, LAQP.

New LAQP website launched in November.  If you have not already, please
take a look:  http://laqp.org/

LAQP LOG HANDLING WEBSITE - The WWROF sponsored the creation and
implementation of an online, automated log submission tool, and a
"build-your-own-Cabrillo" tool.  This was overwhelmingly successful. For
the 2020 LAQP, we received 305 logs - as far as I konw that is an
all-time record number of entries.  The LAQP committee, led by KA5M and
huge support by WM5H have completed the log checking and compilation of
the 2020 contest results.  At present, they are working with Bruce
WA7BNM, Trey N5KO and George K5TR to put the finishing touches on the
LAQP Results site.  The Results site will generate certificates on
demand, for download as PDF files.  All entrants to the LAQP will be
able to generate a certificate specific to them.  Each certificate will
display their CALL, SCORE, RANK BY CLASS/CATEGORY/POWER/OVERLAY, RANK BY
COUNTRY/PROVINCE/STATE, and OVERALL RANK BY NON-LA/LA.  The LAQP
committee goal was and remains to be able to publish the final results
no later than 30 days post contest.  Everything looks to be on target.
When we are fully ready, we will post the results.

Speaking of WWROF, I propose that LCC make a donation of $250, in token
of our gratitude for the work on the LAQP Log Handling Website.  Of
course, individuals may also make donations as they see fit too.

Second, LOUISIANA CONTEST CLUB.

LCC members are invited to participate!  The Northeast Louisiana ARC is
sponsoring the 3rd annual Louisiana Purchase Special Event.  It begins
in just under 5 hours from now.  I always enjoy operating this event;
it's fun to share some LA history with folks around the world.  You can
participate from anywhere in Louisiana.  To learn more, please visit:
http://nelarc.org/2020-W5L/

NEW LCC WEBSITE was launched in beta mode about a week ago, and is now
live!  Check it out:  https://louisianacontestclub.org/
There is still some minor work to be done to complete the migration of
old data. Then begins the work of keeping content relevant!

As you can see, the LCC leadership has been steadily working.  We invite
you to renew your membership and get involved!

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions!

--73
--Scott, W5WZ