[LCC] LCC Digest, Vol 129, Issue 1200 sag

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Thu Sep 12 19:41:23 CDT 2019

Marcel,

Sorry that it took so long to reply.  I had a blown bleeder resistor,
and then did the 2 additional capacitor modification to the amp.  So
just tonight I've been able to fully test the idle line and full load
line voltages.

Amp on, at idle, CW mode:
Line voltage at receptacle is 234.5 volts  Left leg is 118.3, right leg
is 118.3
HV on amps meter is just under 3,200v (about 400v low)

Amp on, driving with 100 watts from transmitter, CW mode, key down into
dummy load, freq 14.200
Line voltage at receptacle is 233.9 volts  Left leg is 117.8, right leg
is 117.9
HV on amps meter is 2,900v (about 700v low)
RF power out 1,100 watts (for this drive level, should be 1,500+) with
about 230ma grid current and about 650ma plate current.

--Scott