[LCC] Louisiana QSO Party Survey - Post Action Report

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Thu Nov 28 10:15:12 CST 2019

Thank you to all who completed the LAQP Survey.  The LAQP committee has
analyzed the data, and we have heard the contest community.

Based on feedback from the October 2019 LAQP survey, we are excited to
announce that for the 2020 edition of the LAQP, we are making
significant improvements to our log handling and scoring processes.  The
LAQP will offer:

-- Online log submission form - similar to ARRL and CQ sponsored
contests which are familiar tools to many hams
-- Real-time generated log received confirmation email
-- Real-time updated list of logs received on the website
-- Permanent online log repository, with search tools
-- Adjudication and log checking via powerful software
-- Online database of scores and results
-- Online dynamic certificate generation, available to the end user on
demand for download and printing

We are now in the design phase of this project, and anticipate
completion by early February 2020.

With these greatly improved tools, the log submission deadline will now
be 10 days after the end of the contest.  Our goal is to be able to post
the final results online about 30 days after the contest ends.

Additionally, based on survey feedback, we are:

-- Evaluating changes to the rules to increase the fun factor
-- Considering some fun awards and prizes
-- Changing to date to avoid the Russian DX and BARTG RTTY contests
-- Building a brand new website, which will soon be online at laqp.org
-- Implementing an improved tool to capture and post planned activation
in Louisiana
-- Improving our communication about the LAQP, including creating an
LAQP mailing list
-- --
https://w5wz.com:2083/cpsess5348734314/3rdparty/mailman/listinfo/laqp_w5wz.com

We hope that you will join us on the air for the 2020 edition of the
LAQP !

73, Scott, W5WZ