[LCC] Call history file

Marsh KA5M marsh at ka5m.net
Fri Jan 11 07:57:53 CST 2019

So far, I've never seen in the rules for any contest that "History" (N1MM+)
or "Prefill" (WriteLog) files were not allowed.

Some contesters feel that "prefill"  equals "pre-bust".  My opinion is that
If they believe that, then they do not understand prefill files or know how
to use them as intended. What they are missing is that the receiving
operator MUST still copy and verify the exchange and never just accept the
info in the prefill as correct.

In my opinion, in a contest with a long exchange like Sweepstakes, it is
much faster when logging to compare what is received to the prefill and make
corrections as necessary, than it is to type in the complete exchange.

Marsh, KA5M