[LCC] 2019 W5L special event commemorating the Louisiana Purchase April 27 to May 5, 2019

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Jan 7 09:57:32 CST 2019

For the 2nd year, The North East Louisiana Amateur Radio Club will be
sponsoring the 2019 W5L special event commemorating the Louisiana
Purchase.

What:  An on the air special event on the HF bands 80, 40, 20, 15, 10.
Modes, SSB, CW, Digital
Who:   Stations in Louisiana may operate as W5L, in accordance with the
guidelines below "How Do I Participate as W5L?"
When:  April 27 to May 5, 2019

Details online:

How Do I Participate as W5L?    http://nelarc.org/2019-W5L/W5L.pdf

Online Schedule Tool:           http://nelarc.org/2019-W5L/

Additional details at QRZ.com, lookup the call W5L

In 2018, I had a blast doing this special event.  Although my operating
time was limited because I have to work during the day, I made about
1,600 QSOs; the rates were good.

This would be a good event to try N1MM+ Distributed Wide Area
Networking:
https://www.w5wz.com/2018/05/n1mm-local-area-and-distributed-wide-area-networking/

--Scott, W5WZ