[LCC] upcoming meeting - Oct 13 Outlaw's BBQ, Pineville, LA

Mark Ketchell k5er at k5er.com
Tue Oct 9 23:46:59 CDT 2018

Hello Gentlemen,
      As we close in on our last meeting date of the year, I hope
this note finds you well. I need to cover several items of club
interests in this update.

First, will be my participation-or lack thereof- in the reflector
this year. In the spring of this year, I had some family medical
issues come up. About the same time, I was delegated some additional
duties at work, the combination of which kept me busier than usual.
Mid summer, the medical issues became much more serious, and other
than keeping the LCC finances in order, if it wasn't family or work
related, it didn't get much attention.

At the August LCC meeting in Shreveport, the current slate of
officers (listed below) was nominated for re-election. We were
supposed to have a period for additional online nominations, then
allow a period for online voting on all nominees. My apologies to the
club, but I have been out of town seven out of the last eight
weekends, and not found time to handle the web based nominations or
voting. At this week's meeting, we will open the floor for additional
nominations, then have a live vote. If any members wish to submit a
nominee to me via email, I will present the names at the meeting. If
anyone wants to vote for any current officer's re-election, please
drop me an email and your vote will be counted at the meeting.

Lastly, I was not able to contact the ALEX folks early enough to
secure a meeting/forum slot, but according to their web site, the
hamfest has moved back to Kee's Park Community Center, 2450 Hwy 28
East, in Pineville this year. Based on last year's meeting attendance
(only THREE members!) this may not be a big issue. All their time
slots are full, so we will plan to hold our meeting at Outlaw's
Bar-B-Q in Pineville, immediately after the hamfest closes (about 1
PM). If the hamfest closes early, or the bulk of our members wish to
leave early, we may move the time up slightly. I will be available by
text that morning at 3l8-381-672l.

Previously approved financial business to be handled this quarter
includes renewal of two domains, web hosting fee, and postage for
mailing of LAQP certificates.

Hope to see you Saturday.

Regards,
Mark Ketchell, K5ER