[LCC] New version of WSJT-X out today

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 13 17:51:21 CST 2018

WSJT-X version 2.0.0 rc4 came out today. It ends support for the old FT8 and
MSK144 protocols.

This version of WSJT-X allows for FT8 contesting. Specifically, it allows
one to use FT8 in the ARRL RTTY Roundup. Although I have no plans to use FT8
in the ARRL Roundup, I am interested in FT8 contesting.

Yes, it's slower than other modes (including RTTY) but should be fun
nonetheless.

Ed, W0YK (P49X), and I will be replacing the Ten-Meter RTTY Contest with a
new contest called the FT8 Roundup in the traditional first full weekend in
December. We do not know if this will be permanent or not, but with 10
meters being dead, it makes sense to try it now.

Details are here:

https://www.rttycontesting.com/ft8-roundup/

I have not yet finalized many of the tutorials I plan on presenting before
the contest but it's a start.

Ed should be making the official announcement soon, as early as this
evening.

73, Don AA5AU