[LCC] Message from the President

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Wed Mar 28 09:10:09 CDT 2018

LCC friends,

Wow!  Time flies!  March is nearly gone, and with it the major contests
of the spring, the 1st quarterly LCC meeting and the Louisiana QSO Party
are in the rear view mirror!

I want to say thank you to those that have already renewed their LCC
membership.  It's hard to believe that the LCC turns 10 years old this
August, which is only possible because of the support of the membership.

And, I want to invite all of you to complete your renewal for 2018.  It
is easy to renew online at http://www.louisianacontestclub.org/dues.htm

A long-time member of the LCC says "In my opinion, the LaQP, special
event operations like W1AW/5 and NU1AW/5, sponsorship of contest award
plaques, and team competitions make membership in the LCC worthwhile and
well worth the modest dues."  You might ask "How are my dues used?" Here
is the approved 2018 budget.

Expense 	Item

INTERNET PRESENCE
  $12.85 	Domain - LAQP.org
  $11.45 	Domain - N5LCC.com
  $12.85 	Domain - LouisianaContestClub.org
  $59.40 	Hosting - LouisianaContestClub.org and subdomains LAQP.org,
N5LCC.com

LAQP
  $40.00 	Certificates
                 Ink/Toner (about $125 to replenish all colors)
  $50.00 	Envelopes
  $100.00 	Postage (up to $100, cost was $55 in 2017)

PLAQUES
  $150.00 	CW - CQWPX - North America HP
  $150.00 	SSB - CQ WW - USA Zone 4 HP
  $65.00 	RTTY - TEN RTTY Delta (SO)

MISC
  $10.00 	Envelopes (QSL)
  $49.00 	Roll of stamps (QSL)
  $90.00 	box of 1,000 QSL cards

  $800.55 	Total approved budgeted expenses

So, as you can see, the expenses are all used to give back to the ham
community thru contest sponsorship, award sponsorship, web presence and
QSLing activity for the N5LCC club call.

The next upcoming event is the West Monroe ham fest, sponsored by the
NorthEast Louisiana Amateur Radio Club.  We'll have the LCC
meeting/forum there at 10:00am.  Details for the ham fest are found
online at http://nelarc.org/hamfest/

Additionally, the NELARC is sponsoring a week-long special event
commemorating the Louisiana Purchase of 1803.  They've secured use of
the call W5L, and are going to need help putting the event on the air.
If you want to participate, the details are online at
http://w5wz.com/W5L/

Lastly, Field Day is right around the corner!  If any group of LCC
members are interested in activating the club call N5LCC for this or any
other on the air event, please contact me as the trustee.

73,
Scott, W5WZ