[LCC] Design Challenge - QSL card for N5LCC - Drafts due by April 13th

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Thu Mar 22 18:53:39 CDT 2018

At the Rayne Hamfest, the 2018 budget for the LCC was approved by the
membership.  This budget included about $90 to order 1,000 SUPER style
QSL cards from UX5UO print.

I am now requesting suggestions for the design of this QSL card within
the following parameters:

Format: 3.5" × 5.5"
Front: full colour glossy (varnished)
Reverse: full colour matt
Paper: 200-220 g/sq.m

1. The card must be generic enough to QSL all N5LCC contacts, past and
future.
  - Not tied to a specific date
  - Not tied to a specific QTH
  - Not tied to a specific event
  - Not tied to a specific operator(s)
  - Not tied to a specific list of equipment or antennas
2. The posted QSL instructions for N5LCC request an SASE or SAE + $1
domestic/$2 DX; thus the card does not require space on the backside to
address it like a postcard.
3. Include the LCC logo and the callsign N5LCC
4. Space for at least 3 QSOs per card, on the backside of the card.

The following items MAY be included, but are not required.
5. Include representation of Louisiana, such as
  - Map of the state, with or without parish boundaries
  - State flag
  - Photo(s) that represent the culture or unique attributes of our state
6. Brief narrative of interest to the ham community.  Topics could be:
  - About the LCC
  - About the state, its culture, its people, its economy

Who may contribute to the design?  Anyone!  You, your immediate and
extended family, your artist neighbor, the school's art department, etc.
  I'd love for the LCC to have the BEST QSL card on the planet!

Please submit your design ideas directly to me at W5WZ at W5WZ.com  in PDF
format.  I'll gather them, put up a webpage, provide y'all the link and
get your vote for favorite to represent our club.

Let the creative juices flow!

Thanks!

73, Scott, W5WZ
2018 LCC President
and Trustee/QSL manager of N5LCC since 2008