[LCC] FW: ARRLDX SSB AA5AU SO Unlimited HP

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 5 19:14:45 CST 2018

Thanks Dallas. I was inspired by an article written by Jamie, NS3T, that appeared in the January 2012 issue of CQ Magazine. He created over 17,000 voice files, recording each US/VE prefix and all of the suffixes to make the other person's callsign sound "live".

All my QSOs were S&P so I never had to send the other person's call although I did have 0-9 plus A-Z recorded and they would have worked but it would have sounded robotic. I really don't care if they sound robotic or not but I wasn't prepared to call CQ.

I files I had recorded were:

My callsign in two different files. One was "alpha alpha five alpha uniform" and the other was "alpha alpha file america united". I also had just my suffix "america united". I had a CQ message, Run Report and Confirmation message but did not use them.

I had a report file that went "five nine lima alpha". I then took cut the "lima alpha" out of that same file and put into another file so I could send "five nine lima alpha lima alpha". Or just send "lima alpha" and it sounded exactly like my "five nine lima alpha" voice because it was.

I also had files like "again?" and "what's your power?" and "I need your power again". I had one that said "please correct my call" and one that said "what's your call". I had one that said "qsl". I also had one that said "louisiana" but I don't think I used it. All these files are programmed to be sent when I hit a function key. It was like operating a CW contest.

73, Don AA5AU