[LCC] KH1/KH7Z is on the air!

Charles Morrison cmorrison at lusfiber.net
Fri Jun 29 07:10:15 CDT 2018

I nabbed them on 30m FT8 first early yesterday.  Although I figured what
they were doing with the split and I manually worked them, I'm not certain I
was logged or not.  I called on one split frequency, they came back, but Im
thinking they were still new to the F&H as well because none of the stations
ever appeared to actually receive a 73RRR or anything to confirm the QSO.
Just the yellow where I called, and the red where they replied.  At the time
I didn't have it set for F&H mode.

I reread through the document and set up WSJT correctly.  When I worked them
on 17m, I noticed that I actually received a RRR 73, as were other people on
the frequency.  So I'm second guessing the validity of my 30m qso now.
Either way they're in the bag on digital now, as well as 20m and 15m SSB and
CW.

Charlie
N5WE