[LCC] K3WW Chase write-up on QRZ.COM

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 19 15:43:37 CDT 2018

I'm not the only one who is operating FT8 remotely. Charles, K3WW, has a write-up of his Chase experience on his QRZ.COM page. Check it out. He currently has 3 radios dedicated to FT8. I have two but plan on doing three as soon as I can work out the logistics. I have all the hardware already but I'm not sure of the condition of my spare Ts-870. Charles' radios are all on separate computers. Mine will all be controlled on one.
The combinations are not endless but I could doing these:
10/15/20 or 40 or 80 or 16015/20/40 or 80 or 16020/40/80 or 160
I can't do multiple WARC bands because I don't have filters and have not found any information on building stubs for those bands. Dunestar filters for the WARC bands are $80 each so that's $120 I won't spend although it would be nice to have a 30 meter filter then my combinations get increased greatly.
I have two Dunestar 600 switchable filters for 160/80/40/20/15/10 that I now use for SO2R. I also have individual Dunestar band filters for 80/40/20/15/10 meters. When I first started doing SO2R contesting light years ago, I used to switch the filters manually.
Don AA5AU