[LCC] Fwd: RE: Your Position on ARRL Matters

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Jan 8 12:51:41 CST 2018

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Your Position on ARRL Matters
Date: 2018-01-07 22:36
 From: David Norris <k5uz at icloud.com>
To: w5wz at w5wz.com, k5uz at arrl.org, wb4rhq at arrl.org
Cc: lcc at louisianacontestclub.org, GaryStratton at TeamStratton.com

Scott,

What CQ is referencing with respect to the Redlined Articles of
Association and By-Laws is a PRELIMINARY Draft motion, not the final
version to be presented to the Board or even voted on.  I find it
remarkable they were able to obtain a copy of this before the full Board
received it!  That is just astounding.

There are many changes to the AABL motion as it stands now.  It is much
less than what CQ and certain individuals have been erroneously claiming
  as the "Final Draft Motion" or putting up on their pages.  What if
anything that is up on the ARRL site is an omnibus place holder copy.
The actual copy is broken  into several pieces for the board to discuss
and vote on or table in an ordered manner. I will post copies of the
actual final draft ordered motion on the webpage as soon as the
Secretary gives me the numbering scheme.  I've been sick and on vacation
and most everyone has been on vacation at HQ so this has drug out a bit
too long.

Please see my answers below in RED.

Also, Mark said you sent this to the LA SM candidates.  Section Managers
do not deal with policy matters so those guys won't know how to answer
the questions other than voicing an opinion and I wouldn't hold them to
any sort of explanation.

If you need anything else, let me know.

73

David A. Norris, K5UZ

Director, Delta Division

_ARRL __THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR AMATEUR RADIOTM_