[LCC] 2018 Nov SS SSB - Solicitation for LCC Multi-Op HP team

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Tue Aug 14 18:51:37 CDT 2018

Hello LCC!  Let's get a good discussion going about 2018 Nov SS SSB!

It is mid-August, and November Sweepstakes SSB is right around the
corner.  I've recently had a conversation with Ted KN5O about whether to
host our LCC run at KN5O or W5WZ.  Ted is about to undertake some
antenna changes in October, so we've agreed to run at W5WZ again this
year.

Over the past few years, the LCC group has been a close contender in the
high power category, finishing right behind W6YI, once by a 3-qso
margin.  Our history has proven that our geographic location favors us
in years when 10 and 15 meters have low QSO counts and that our team of
operators is capable of making the box from both KN5O and W5WZ, and the
former KG5VK station in LA.

I know that I want to win at least once, and I think that Ted would like
to get another SS win too.

With that said, please consider this a solicitation for SSB contest
operators who have the same goal - to win SS SSB in Nov 2018 as part of
a multi-op team.

I anticipate that we'll have
W5WZ
KN5O
WM5H
K5ER
WA5VQP

Last year, we ran 2 interlocked tranceivers at legal limit, with a 3
transceiver to search for mults, and "tap on shoulder" interlock with
the other stations.

If enough operators commit early, I think with some thoughtful planning
and strategy, and possibly the "borrowing/temporary use" of some
additional antenna, portable towers, feed line, perhaps 1 or 2
additional legal limit amps, we can likely pull off a 2, 3, or 4
simultaneous & interlocked band effort.

The lodging at W5WZ isn't as nice as at KN5O, but here I do have a
low-noise environment, and lots of physical space to spread out
antennas.  I've got 3 twin beds, an air mattress, and a couple of cots.
There are 5 full bathrooms and 2 full kitchens here.  If you wanted to
bring a camper/RV, I've got plenty of space for that too.

History of Louisiana Contest Club runs at SS SSB since 2008.

2017 - 2nd place
Multi-Op HP
Call	SO2R	Remote	QSOs	Sections	Op Time	Score	Club
W6YI	 	 	1912	83	24	317,392	SCCC
W5WZ	 	 	1867	83	23:58	309,922	Lou CC

2016
No entry

2015 - 2nd place
Multi-Op HP
Call	SO2R	Remote	QSOs	Sections	Op Time	Score	Club
W6YI	 	 	2263	83	24	375,658	SCCC
W5RU(@KN5O)	 	2083	83	24	345,778	Lou CC

2014 - 2nd place
Multi-Op HP
Call	SO2R	Remote	QSOs	Sections	Op Time	Score	Club
W6YI	 	 	2149	83	24	356,734	SCCC
W5RU(@KN5O)	 	2146	83	24	356,236	Lou CC

2013 - 7th place
Multi-Op HP
Call	SO2R	Remote	QSOs	Sections	Op Time	Score	Club
WØSD	 	 	2224	83	24	369,184
WP2Z	 	 	2222	83	23.5	368,852
KL7RA	 	 	2001	83	24	332,166	North Pole
NX6T	 	 	1953	83	24	324,198	SCCC
WØNO	 	 	1843	83	24	305,938
W1XX	 	 	1833	83	24	304,278	CTRI
KG5VK	 	 	1752	83	24	290,832	Lou CC

2012 - 3rd place
Multi-Op HP
Call	SO2R	Remote	QSOs	Sections	Op Time	Score	Club
W6YI	 	 	2319	83	24	384,788	SCCC
KØCL(@KØDU)	 	1917	83	24	318,222	Grand Mesa
W5RU(@KN5O)	 	1847	83	24	306,602	Lou CC

2011 - 3rd place
Multi-Op HP
Call	SO2R	Remote	QSOs	Sections	Op Time	Score	Club
W6YI	 	 	2414	80	24	386,240	SCCC
K7IR	 	 	2062	80	24	329,920	WWDXC
W5RU(@KN5O)	 	2058	80	24	329,120	Lou CC

2010 - 6th place
Multi-Op HP
Call	SO2R	Remote	QSOs	Sections	Op Time	Score	Club
W6YI	 	 	2131	80	24	340,960	SdgCC
WØNO	 	 	1957	80	24	313,120
NK7U	 	 	1815	80	23	290,400	WVDXC
W2PV(@K1TTT)	 	1791	80	24	286,400	YCCC
KA1ARB	 	 	1774	80	24	283,840	PVRC
WY7SS	 	 	1762	80	24	281,920
W5RU(@KN5O)	 	1739	80	24	278,240	Lou CC

2009 - 11th place
Multi-Op HP
Call	SO2R	Remote	QSOs	Sections	Op Time	Score	Club
W6YI	 	 	2603	80	24	416,480	SCCC
K5NA	 	 	2024	80	24	323,840	CTDXCC
WØNO	 	 	1928	80	24	308,480
KØDU	 	 	1898	80	24	303,680	Grand Mesa
N5DO	 	 	1890	80	24	302,400	CTDXCC
K2NNY	 	 	1871	80	24	299,360	Rochester (NY) DX Association
NØNI	 	 	1841	80	24	294,560	Iowa DX and Contest Club
WA7U	 	 	1817	80	24	290,720
KA1ARB	x	 	1791	80	24	286,560	PVRC
W2PV(@K1TTT)	 	1734	80	24	277,440	YCCC
W5RU(@KN5O)	 	1716	80	24	274,560	Louisiana Contest Club

2008 - 18th place
Multi-Op HP
Call	SO2R	Remote	QSOs	Sections	Op Time	Score	Club
W6YI	 	 	2270	80	24	363,200
K5NA	 	 	2185	80	24	349,600	CTDXCC
WØNO	 	 	1902	80	24	304,320
K7PU	 	 	1864	80		298,240	Lake Flora DX Club
NØNI	 	 	1812	80	24	289,920	Iowa DX and Contest Club
K1LZ	 	 	1737	80	23:28	277,760	YCCC
W2PV(@K1TTT)	 	1686	80	24	269,760	YCCC
W1AW	 	 	1667	80	24	265,120
K2NNY	 	 	1639	80	24	262,240	Rochester (NY) DX Assn
N5DO	 	 	1609	80	24	257,440
KA1ARB	 	 	1569	80	24	251,040	PVRC
K2Z(@KD2RD)	 	1549	80	24	247,840	YCCC
VE6EX(VE6EX+)	 	1569	79	24	246,954	ALBERTA CLIPPERS
NC1I	 	 	1496	80	22.5	239,360	YCCC
W4QG	 	 	1495	80	23	239,200	FCG
WX3B	 	 	1494	80	22	239,040	PVRC
KCØMO(@KØOU)	 	1488	80	24	238,080	Raytown ARC