[LCC] Amplifier

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Thu Dec 14 04:02:50 CST 2017

Hi Charlie and the rest of the LCC....RR....I have several of the GU74b
tubes.  I bought them when I thought that I was going to start building
again, but due to my failing health, that is probably not going to
happen.   I purchased them direct from Pavel Popov in St. Petersburg
when he was selling the Russian tubes for a living.

I paid $100 each + shipping from Russia.  I would sell them all to you
for $85 each + shipping.  I don't know exactly how many I have, but it
should be more than 4 and less than 10...just a guess, since I have not
counted them in a long time.

I also have several of the other high power Russian tubes...such as the
GS35b and the GS31b(triodes) and the GS23b which is a tetrode.  I have a
bunch of the medium power tubes, specifically the GI7b and the newer and
much better GI46b.  I also have a smattering of other tubes.  If any of
this is interesting, please let me know.

If you ever did have to replace the 3CX1200 tube, a GS35b or GS31b would
be more than adequate.  Of course, you would have to fashion a "socket"
for these tubes, but that is easy, since all you have to do is to clamp
them to the chassis with some metal clips.

The best reference on the Russian Tubes is http://www.nd2x.com/ It is
loaded with amp designs and tube specs.  GL...

73 Marshall K5QE
Phone is 409-787-3830 if you want to talk....