[LCC] LCC meeting cancelled

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Fri Mar 11 08:50:51 CST 2016

Hi Guys,
      It is with much trepidation and regret that I inform you that
our meeting in Rayne has been cancelled. I have spoken with the other
officers and it appears that travel between northern parts of the
state (where most of the officers would be travelling from) is
difficult to impossible. I'm being told by officials that on top of
the 18ish inches we have gotten, there could be up to another 10
inches fall today, putting water back over I-49 and US 165. LSP
reports that smaller highways are even more prone to overtopping with
runoff from the rains forecast today. As much as I (we) would enjoy
seeing you guys, it is impractical to have to drive to Jackson, MS
and go down I-55, then back west to Rayne, adding about 4 hours to a
3 hour trip. Collectively, the officers deem it better to cancel the
official meeting, and handle the business at the Monroe hamfest next
month. We have updated the hamfest forum coordinator and he will
announce that the official meeting has been cancelled, but any
members present may casually meet in the room. If you do get out,
please exercise caution. Hope to see everyone at the Monroe meeting
on April 16.

73,
For the LCC Board,