[LCC] new LCC membership roster poster

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Tue Feb 9 18:42:10 CST 2016

Fellow LCC members,
      We have now posted the LCC membership
roster on our web site. The list is behind a
simple user/password, to keep the scan-bots from
getting to it. The page is:
http://louisianacontestclub.org/members.htm . The
user and password (case sensitive)  are in the
box on the right side of the page.

      I apologize for the delay in getting the
list posted. We changed Sec/Treas this year and
it took some extra time to change over from
Quickbooks® based accounting  to an Excel® based
system. Because a few member's dues payments had
been temporarily misplaced (all are 100%
accounted for now), and therefore not posted as
timely as normal, we have given the maximum
latitude for the year your dues were credited.
Any member who paid in 2015, but didn't show up
on the roster in 2015 have been given credit for
2016. Additionally, any member paying for a FULL
year after August 1 of 2015 were credited for
2016. All checks and paypal payments received
through Feb 8, 2016 have been credited.

      The posted roster shows your projected end
date, and if we have not received dues for the
current year (2016), the year that we show your
membership lapsed. If you feel that we are
incorrect, please contact me via email and I will
research further. We ask all members to check the
page and if we show your membership as expired,
please consider renewing and joining in the
camaraderie of contesting. Yes, it is easy to
forget, but it is also easy to get signed back
up! We still take check via mail; check or cash
at live meetings; or paypal. Address for check
and paypal info are available on our page:
http://louisianacontestclub.org/dues.htm . If
using paypal, please include your call and the year you are paying for.

      We encourage all members to stay current on
their dues, and to participate in as many
contests as possible. Among other things, your
dues are used to support our web site and
reflector, the Louisiana Qso Party (LaQP)
certificates and postage and several plaques for
international contests. The LaQP is continuing to
grow and we have received several very positive
comments on the certificates we mailed out for
2015. More info on LaQP is available at: http://laqp.org/.

      Participation in club activities is
contagious and as we form teams and encourage
activity on the reflector, we ask you to speak
up, join a team, and get on the air. If you do,
others might just do the same and we will find
ourselves competing with (and sometimes beating)
some of the larger clubs across the country.
Let's get on the air and have fun participating as a CLUB!

      Back to the roster - you will also notice a
different look to the roster. It was felt that
even with the front door, having email addresses
posted might make it too easy to end up on a spam
list. I would like to poll the membership here,
and at the meeting in Rayne (March 12) to see
just what information you would like to have
shown on the roster. Knowing ARRL membership
helps us when we file our annual report for ARRL
affiliation for the club. Information we could keep or add could include:
phone number
email address
basic address
complete address (parish and grid square)
license class
personal web site url
etc.

      If you have any comments or suggestions,
please just drop me a personal note and I'll get back to you.

73!
Mark, K5ER
LCC Sec/Treas