[LCC] New operating event for 2016

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Wed Oct 21 09:40:07 CDT 2015

I know several of our members really enjoy visiting our parks, so
hope this info comes in handy.
73,
K5ER, Mark

 From this weeks ARRL Contest Update:
If you enjoyed the ARRL Centennial operating activities, you'll
likely flip over the upcoming
<http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-national-parks-on-the-air-event-to-mark-national-park-service-centennial>National
Parks on the Air event, which starts January 1, 2016. The year 2016
is the 100th anniversary of the National Parks Service. If you like
operating outside, setting up field-day style operations, you can
activate National Parks, National Battlefields, Historic Sites,
Memorials, Preserves, Reserves, Rivers, Seashores, National Scenic
Trails, and the like. You'll be "chased" by those working you, and
all scores will be reflected in an on-line
<file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Mark/LOCALS~1/Temp/npota.arrl.org>NPOTA leader
board based on the LotW data. Examining the list of qualifying
locations, I'm betting there will be some that will be extremely rare
due to access, size, and/or appropriateness.