[LCC] N5LCC now has a FB page for inter club communication per request at Rayne meeting

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 10:04:38 CDT 2015

Thanks for the feedback,  I appreciate it.

*No one is required to do anything with the FaceBook site,   it is optional*

*No one will publish any member info (Roster,Telephone or email) on the
site*.

The FB page is setup as a Closed group....
Meaning you must request to join and be approved
this is done to help eliminate spam or any other non relevant material

If you want the home page banner changed please send me
or simply post a 400 wide pixel by 150 tall pixel image
if I get several,  that will be fine,  as I will rotate the images.

Meanwhile I will look for a more Ham Radio related image to use than the
sunset currently on the top of the page.

The question that I asked yesterday at the very well attended LCC meeting
at the Rayne Hamfest was,   what can we do to promote more communication
among members....

Create a FB page was the feedback I received

If you have other ideas that will allow us to communicate with each other
more frequently
than the email reflector or one of the four yearly meetings, we would love
to hear those ideas.
I have always wanted member feedback and I am still listening.

We have four meetings a year and we had less than six members in attendance
Including David Norris our ARRL Section Manager and two guest we had more
guest there than we had members in presence
kind of embarrassing !

So far over the last 3 meetings the most well attended meeting was the one
at the Shreveport Hamfest
where we had two new members sign up.
At that meeting we also gave away a door prize,  which was donated by your
president.

Also while considering what we want to do with our club....

Please keep in mind at the end of this year we will have Two vacant officer
positions
as your president (myself) is closing in on moving to Texas and our
Secretary/Treasurer (Scott) has decided he needs
a break from performing those duties since the inception of LCC.

Other club business....
The newest club roster will be posted soon
I proposed a new expense along with the proposed budget for this year (per
the by laws)
Then new expense that was approved by all in attendance
is a $100 budget for a door prize to be given away during each one of our
four club meetings
each year.  ($25 per meeting for a total of $100 per year)

Mark did an awesome power point presentation on W1AW potable Five operation
from our state
during this past year with summaries for hours and Q's and much more in
depth data
for each of the weeks Louisiana had W1AW

I would appreciate it if everyone would give a big thank you to both Mark
and Scott, as well as RC for their time managing
the slots for operating.

In fact everyone that participated in any manner, should feel accolades
as our operation of W1AW/5 was well planned and extremely well executed.

Cheers!

Steve
KG5VK