[LCC] Happy New Year, with W1AW/5 behind us now what.....

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 08:39:46 CST 2015

What if I told you there is a yearly competition
where everyone starts the new year at zero points
and this "contest" last one full year......

Would you be interested in some friendly in club
challenging  ?

Well there is, in fact Bob Locher W9KNI wrote a book about his pursuit in
this one year (2007) The book is titled "A Year of DX"

While propagation and even available countries have changed since 2007
It is still fun to read about his pursuit in this Year of DX Challenge,
while in the pursuit myself

So I am wondering if any of you are interested in a little friendly
challenge
and since we have the clublog.org Club League tools working for LCC members
it gets even better, we can actually watch how close our members are to
each other in numbers

I started in pursuit of working the http://www.dxmarathon.com/
in 2013 and ended up with a very low score, not even working all 40 zones

I did much better in 2014, working all 40 zones and 211 countries
for a total score of 251,  but now I am at zero - because it is day one
So come join me, it should be more fun when some friends are chasing it :)

There are also limited power, wire only and small beam categories
so you do not have to compete in the same unlimited category

Regardless if you embrace in the Yearly DX Chase or are in pursuit of
something else, I hope everyone has an awesome 2015 !

Cheers!
steve
KG5VK

http://www.KG5VK.com