[LCC] Call for LCC NAQP RTTY team members

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Mon Feb 23 16:41:23 CST 2015

Hi Don, et al,
     At our last general interest club meeting, I offerer to open my
station for a multi operation in the NAQP RTTY. A general class
father and his 13 year old Technician DAUGHTER seemed interested. If
they come over, I will be a multi and not eligible for a team spot.
If they do NOT, Bobby and I may run either as a multi, or if I get my
left position working with AFSK,as two separate single ops from my station.

      I know I have full rig control of the Icom 761, and I built the
"Pro-Data" interface from the QST article back in March 2002, but I
have not done any rtty with it. The interface handles line level
audio in and out of the Icom accy jack, straight into the sound card
ports, so it shouldn't be any trouble to get it working with AFSK. My
only concern is, with the radio showing ssb mode, the computer (N1MM)
will not log the correct freq. I'll check your web site later today
and see if there is a work-around for this.

      If it looks like I, or Bobby and I, will be single ops this
weekend, I'll let you know and you can assign us a team slot. Thanks
for cheer leading and forming the teams.