[LCC] Good morning fellow contest ops from Texas

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 08:26:23 CST 2015

Reading the ARRL Contest update and in particular the discussion (Part1) of
remote contesting

I kept thinking If I build my new station around this capability will more
of my friends (yes I have a few:) ) play as compared to the physical journey
in some of the contest throughout the year

However I sure would miss the camaraderie of everyone being in one place,
but have no fear on that as I see little chance of full bore remote
competing with a MM with station interlocks during SS
but there are other contests such as CQWW, NAQP and the likes

Thoughts gentlemen ?

Last night I stayed up a bit late for someone that has been working during
every bit of daylight on their new property
and worked several news ones for me on 80m cw
still just 100 watts here and a pair of wires shaped in a Vee beam
configuration

I look fwd to 2016 and what it brings for us LCC members
and of course this spring when I get my towers QSY'd from Louisiana to the
Texas property

Cheers!
steve
KG5VK