[LCC] Special Event Station K5P - Plano (TX) Balloon Festival - Fri 09/19 to Sun 09/21

Charles Morrison cmorrison at lusfiber.net
Wed Sep 17 22:08:23 CDT 2014

From: LFTLunch [mailto:lftlunch-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of
Pat-ND5C
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:38 PM
To: Ham Lunch (Lafayette LA)
Cc: Rusty-KF5FEA; Scott-AE5SG; Damon-K5OCH; Stan-NW5Q
Subject: [LFT Lunch - msg 110] Special Event Station K5P - Plano (TX)
Balloon Festival - Fri 09/19 to Sun 09/21

Greetings!

A number of my ham friends in North Texas will be

participating in the Special Event Station K5P this weekend

in conjunction with the Plano (TX) Balloon Festival.

Please make an effort to work'em...

Here's the info from QRZ:

K5P Special Event Station - Plano Balloon Festival 2014 - Plano, TX

For the fourth consecutive year, the Plano Amateur Radio Klub (PARK) and the
McKinney Amateur Radio Club (MARC) will jointly operate Amateur Radio
Special Event Station K5P, at the 2014 Plano Balloon Festival, September
19-21, 2014. This is the Festival's 35th year.  The station will be set up
directly across the street from the Balloon Festival launch site and is
hosted by the First United Methodist Church, 3160 E. Spring Creek Parkway in
Plano, Texas. Both clubs will be actively participating in the joint effort,
making contacts across the country and around the world, as well as
showcasing to the public what amateur radio is about.

We plan to have 2 stations operating onsite from 2 PM (CDT) / 1900 UTC on
Friday until 2 PM (CDT) / 1900 UTC Sunday (Operations will cease at night
between 10pm-8am CDT/ 0300-1300 UTC) and we plan to operate on or near the
following frequencies:

SSB:

40 meters - 7.255 +/- QRM

20 meters - 14.260+/- QRM

17 meters - 18.145+/- QRM

15 meters - 21.315 +/- QRM

We also hope to have some CW operations.   Please watch the spotting
networks to see where we are.

Additionally, K5P Operators may be operating off-site at other times between
Thursday, September 18, 2014 and Thursday, September 25, 2014 on different
frequencies and modes.

Our QSL Manager is NW5Q.  Our special QSL card is a normal 3 1/2 x 5 1/2
inches, so any standard envelope will work just fine.  U.S. stations, for a
QSL card, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to the address
above.   eQSLs will be available at eqsl.cc and we will also upload logs
here on QRZ.com.  DX stations, if you want our paper card, just send us your
card direct and we'll get one back to you.  No green stamps, no IRC's, no
worries!

For more information about our clubs, please visit www.k5prk.net
<http://www.k5prk.net/>  for the Plano Amateur Radio Club and
www.mckinneyarc.org <http://www.mckinneyarc.org/>  for the McKinney Radio
Club. Plano Balloon Festival Information can be found at
www.planoballoonfest.org <http://www.planoballoonfest.org/> .