[LCC] CQWW CW

Ted Saba kn5o at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 30 22:39:39 CST 2014

Congrats to all the guys doing W1AW/5.. Have just been to busy to
participate..

Our best effort EVER on CQWW CW

73, Ted KN5O
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KN5O
Operator(s): KN5O K1DW NO5W W5GAI
Station: KN5O

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   160:   52    13       32
    80:  254    24       78
    40: 1191    37      124
    20: 1003    38      124
    15: 1422    36      128
    10: 1226    37      120
------------------------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to use my own call this time around instead of the W5RU club call.  Was
hoping to pick up some zones on 80 and 160 that I needed (18,23 and 29), but no
luck this time.

However, it was our best performance by far to date.  Surpassed last year's
claimed score by 3M points.  We were joined this time by Skip, W5GAI, who
helped me cover the graveyard shift both nights.  Fortunately we had great
weather and no equipment failures.

Although we worked all zones, couldn't get a zone sweep on any band.  20M
really surprised me Saturday night through Sunday morning, as it was open the
entire time.  Signals were not strong, but they were there.  I thought it was
always nice to get a run of JAs (and we did), but was I surprised by the number
of Russian stations and former USSR callers.. There were so many callers - it
seemed as deep as the area is wide.  It was very enjoyable - no real pile ups,
but a nice continuing flow of callers that made the evening a pleasure to
operate and keep you awake.

Thanks to all the participants.  This year it was a real fun time.  Everyone
enjoyed themselves and had plenty of B-I-C time.

73 until the next one,
Ted KN5O

For the KN5O crew:  Skip, W5GAI, Chuck, NO5W and Dallas, K1DW

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/