[LCC] LaQP this weekend

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Thu Mar 20 15:33:52 CDT 2014

Hi folks!
	Well, its now on us. The 2014 running of the LaQP, now under the
sponsorship of the Louisiana Contest Club is this coming weekend, March 22.
Complete rules are available at LaQP(dot) org. Several of the LaQP
committee members will be running M/M from K5ER to put N5LCC, the 100 point
bonus station, on the air. N5LCC will be running all three modes (CW, SSB,
RTTY), on all non-warc hf bands. It would be great to have the club call
active on VHF as well, but I currently do not have that capability. If we
had a member inside the state, who could put N5LCC on the air for most, or
all of the 12 hour time frame, on six and two meter simplex, that would be
great. It would be preferable to run N1MM ver 14.01.02 or newer, and be
able to submit both a cabrillo and an ADIF file, since N5LCC will be used
as a checklog. Please contact me at (k5er at k5er dot com) if you could help.

	We have at least three rovers who will be activating almost all the
parishes. Remember, each time a rover crosses into a new parish, they are a
brand new contact on each band and mode. Like most other state QP's, we are
now allowing county line (Parish-line) operation, so the rovers will be
handing out multiple parishes on multiple bands and modes with many stops.
A separate QSO must take place for each claimed contact. There should be
more multipliers than ever before!

	We also hope to have a number of fixed stations across the state, but that
doesn't mean that we don't need YOU. Whether you have only a little time,
or the full 12 hours to dedicate, please get on and increase the activity
and fun. This is the event where everyone is looking for US. We struggled
to find a date that offered less conflicts with any other on-the-air
activities, and the only issue with March 22 is our neighbors in Oklahoma
have their QP the same date. From time to time, it may get a little
congested around the suggested frequencies, so please be cordial, be
willing to slide up or down a little and there will be room for everybody.

	Though we each have our favorite logger, N1MM (free at n1mm.com) has been
extensively tested and proven to score correctly. Some of the rovers will
be using CQ-X (by NO5W), a qps enabled mobile logger, which also scores
correctly. We can not say for sure on the other packages, but all logs will
be cross-checked and scored for accuracy. Scores for ALL entrants will be
posted and category winners will be given the option of d/l a pdf of their
certificate, or receiving a multi-color certificate in the mail. ALL
contacts made by N5LCC will be uploaded to LOTW.

	The WA7BNM weekly calendar now has our correct info, however their link
takes you directly to the rules in pdf format, bypassing all the other info
about the LaQP. The complete picture, including a Parish abbreviation list,
FAQ's and an email address to send your log, can be found at: LaQP (dot) org.

Hope to see most of you on the air this weekend.

73,
LaQP contest committee
AC5O
WM5H