[LCC] W1AW/5 operation starts this week

Mark Ketchell k5er at k5er.com
Mon Jun 2 00:21:47 CDT 2014

Hello guys,
	Our turn here in Louisiana to run as W1AW/5 LA starts this Tuesday
night at 7pm local time. We have some basic info on the LCC website.
Go to n5lcc.com and look for the W1AW/5 link on the left. For
stations in Louisiana who want to take part in this, there is an
instruction page, and we also have a schedule page to see when
certain band/modes are taken. There are about 1500 slots per each
mode, and we need operators to fill them. Especially the first couple
of days, the rates have been ridiculous for most other states. After
that, things settle down - some, but there have been literally
thousands of people wanting contacts with each of theW1AW/x stations,
on as many bands and modes as possible.

	If you want to take part, think it would be be neat to run as
W1AW/5, and are willing to follow the requirements, we would like to
give you a chance to operate. There is a link on the instruction page
for those who are assisting with scheduling. George, WA5KBH and Bert,
W5ZR are scheduling satellite and cw respectively. If you want a slot
on either of those modes, click on their link on the instruction
page. If you want a slot for ssb, rtty or vhf (if open), click the
link on the instruction page or email me and include one or two
choices (include band, mode, and time). If available, I'll put you
down and confirm your slot'. (Hint - we need some operators on during
the day, when most of us are at work).

	I am currently playing "catch-up" answering emails received over the
past couple of weeks, so the schedule is changing rapidly as it is
being updated several times daily.

W1AW/5 LA coordinator