[LCC] NAQP RTTY AA5AU Single Op LP

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 19 23:41:32 CDT 2014

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:   75    27
   40:  205    43
   20:  348    52
   15:  103    28
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  731   150  Total Score = 109,650

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team: LCC #1

Comments:

Quite a struggle at the start and for the first 4 hours with no ten meters and 15M  only open to the west.

First contest with zero sunspots since 2010 and it showed. Actually the sunspot number was 27 (it was zero the day before). But when
it's that low, it's not good. HI

I thought weather was going to be my biggest concern. With morning thunderstorms all around, I was surprised when it actually
cleared and the sun came out. I knew propagation would be a big question mark but I certainly did think the high bands would be that
bad. Luckily 20M was decent or it would have been a real bummer.

I don't like when two RTTY contests run concurrently. It causes confusion. I do not remember the DMC RTTY Contest being on the same
day as NAQP RTTY. Hopefully it was just a fluke of the calendar and won't occur again next year.

73, Don AA5AU

-----
No virus found in this message.