[LCC] LCC NAQP RTTY Team Registrations

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 19 09:23:55 CDT 2014

Both LCC #1 and LCC #2 have been registered. The teams are as they were assigned in the previous update. The registrations have been
confirmed by the NCJ robot.

Weather remains a concern in Southeast Louisiana as a steady line of rain and thunderstorms continues to train from southwest out of
the Gulf of Mexico to the northeast. Right now most of the weather is south of me and if it stays like that perhaps we may all be
spared as the thunderstorms appear weak. However, I'm not real confident it will remain this way as daytime heating will likely
cause the thunderstorms to increase. So if you see a real low score for AA5AU this year, you will know why. HI

Propagation is another concern. Yesterday there were zero sunspots. This did not happen at all this year or in 2013 or 2012 and
there were only two days in 2011 (January 27 and August 14) where there were no sunspots. In 2010, there were only 48 days with no
sunspots. We are definitely on the downward side of this cycle. Having said that, conditions could end up being pretty good on the
high bands as the SFI is 89, A is 3 and K is 1.

Have fun!

73, Don AA5AU