[LCC] CQ 160 CW

Mark, K5ER k5er at k5er.com
Mon Jan 20 10:50:10 CST 2014

This coming weekend is the CQWW 160M Contest on CW. It is a contest that
has a lot of 160M DX active in it and is a lot of fun. It's a great weekend
to be on if you are trying to build up your 160M DXCC numbers.

The contest starts at 2200Z on Friday, January 24, 2014 and ends at 2200Z
on Sunday, January 26, 2014. That is 4:00 PM Friday until 4:00 PM on Sunday
for you local time people. Single operators can only operate for 30 hours
of the 48 hours total and multi-ops can operate for 40 hours. Off times
must be at least 30 minutes in length.

The URL for the contest rules and information is at
http://www.cq160.com/rules.htm.

Please pay particular attention to the log submission deadline of only FIVE
days. Also, rule 9 allows club competition. Please make sure your Cabrillo
log shows "Louisiana Contest Club".

This is the same weekend as the Jackson, MS hamfest, which many of us
attend. I intend to be on, as I need to fill in some (a lot of) DXCC slots.
Just curious - who else plans to play in the contest?