[LCC] Final stats - W1AW/5 @ W5WZ

Scott Dickson, W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Tue Dec 2 23:09:04 CST 2014

I promised some more time on the air!  This morning from 6-7am local, I was
running JAs on 40 LSB just like they were next door, putting another 117
unique QSOs in the log.  A great last hour for my operation as W1AW/5.

54 band-slots (2 times I was SO2R, so it equates to 52 hours on the air)

Dupes versus Uniques

Unique by band/mode     6155   96%

Dupes                   251    4%

Total, including dupes  6406  100%

6406 raw QSOs / 52 hours = average rate 123 QSOs per hour

Band  Mode  QSOs  % of total

3.5   CW    105    2%

3.5   LSB   328    5%

7     CW    138    2%

7     LSB   1515  25%

14    CW      43    1%

14    USB   1387  23%

18    CW      51    1%

18    USB   1056  17%

21    USB   257    4%

24    USB   1204  20%

28    USB     71    1%

Total Both  6155  100%

Hey, I even did some CW, and it was fun!

Breakdown by mode

Subtotal    SSB   5818  95%

Subtotal    CW    337   5%

Total       Both  6155  100%

6 slots for CW - 337/6 = 56 QSOs per hour

46 slots for SSB - 5818/46 = 126 QSOs per hour

After all this excitement, average radio activity is going to seem dull by
comparison!  What's next?

--Scott, W5WZ