[LCC] CQ WW RTTY AA5AU SOAB LP

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 30 09:17:16 CDT 2013

Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  80:  180      44      16    10
  40:  250      43      51    17
  20:  516      46      60    21
  15:  721      42      83    30
  10:  272      22      63    24
------------------------------------
Total: 1939      197    273  102  Total Score = 2,422,992

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to my wife, Shay, for keeping me fed with fruit and other healthy bites.

Conditions seemed better on Saturday when 10 & 15 were open well past
sunset. Overall band conditions were pretty good with low A & K indices.
Highlight was having VU2NKS call me on 15 and he was LOUD. Ten could have
been better from here but anything on ten meters is icing on the cake these
days.

My score is just below my own person record made in 2011 when the SFI reached
over 190. So all things considered, my score is pretty decent for low
antennas.

Equipment:
Icom IC756 PRO III 100 watts
Kenwood TS870 100 watts