[LCC] CQ WW RTTY follow-up

Mark, K5ER k5er at k5er.com
Sat Oct 5 10:30:16 CDT 2013

Hi Guys,
         Thanks. Well, I don't think Don has to look too closely over
his shoulder...YET. He's probably forgotten more than most of us will
know, but looking at his consistent high scores, he hasn't forgotten
much. When we formed the LCC, several members were interested in
rtty. I had not done it in 20+ years, before I was contesting, and
didn't understand the appeal - until I tried it again. I now see why
this is the fastest growing mode in contesting. WOW, lots of fun! And
those "in the know" are absolutely right, what a great way to learn
SO2R. I actually showed over 20% second radio contacts. There are
some neat tools in the software that allow more automation and faster
contacts. Tnx again for all the advice and hope others read Don's
excellent web site and give this mode a try.

73,
Mark