[LCC] KZ5D IARU results

Art KZ5D kz5d at aol.com
Sun Jul 14 20:08:11 CDT 2013

Hi folks,

It was fun, but at times it seemed like a QSO Party with skip confining the signals to stateside for the most part of the day Saturday.

Here's my CW only report:

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    20            5       3
   80:   200           11       6
   40:   454           23      20
   20:   526           31      32
   15:   389           23      21
   10:   164           10       9
-------------------------------------
Total:  1753    0     103      91  Total Score = 1,019,470

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

This is one of my top 5 favorite contests. It's somewhat like a marathon trying
to stay awake and operate 24 consecutive hours, and you earn points for
contacting everyone. As N3BB pointed out, during the daytime, it was mostly a
domestic contest, and after dark it turned into a DX contest. Propagation
always takes an interesting twist in this contest. Nice to have a good 10 meter
opening, but amazing how good 80 was here. Most interesting event-P33W and P3N
both called me simultaneously on 40. Even the DX has to wait at times. (P33W
won the jump ball and I worked him first.)

Rig: K-3 with Acom 2000-A. One tower with Force-12 2 element yagi from 40 to
10, plus half slopers for 80 and 160 on the same tower. City lots present
challenges for us all.

Thanks to all for the Qs and the many who we worked on several bands.