[LCC] IARU result

Keith Ennis keith at kathyandkeith.mx
Sun Jul 14 15:17:15 CDT 2013

Call: XE3/K5ENS
Operator(s): XE3/K5ENS
Station: XE3/K5ENS

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: ITU ZONE 10
Operating Time (hrs): 15.1

Band  CW Qs  Ph Qs  Zones  HQ Mults
160:   0        0      0       0
   80:   0        0      3       1              3
   40:   0        0      6       3              3
   20:   0        0   622     24            21
   15:   0        0    37     10              5
   10:   0        0    11       3              3
Total:   0      0    679     41             34        Total Score = 174,375

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

I spent several hours getting setup for the contest and the night before everything was good.
I was all ready to contest as SO SSB HP.  That changed quickly.  First test call about 5 mins before
the start and my amp failed.  After about 30 minutes of trying to find out what happened and trying
to get the amp working (being on an Island resources are short). I gave up and decided SO SSB LP
would be my class.  Late start and lost of HP but at least I am contesting.  That was short lived.
Everyone here on the Island AC lost power.  Hasn't happened for months.  The power would come on
and go off in about 15 minute spans.  That lasted for 5 hours!  Sometime shortly after noon the
power stayed on.  I was able to work until about 1am when a large electrical storm started.  One of
those where you don't need your lights to see.  This lasted until about 5am.  Of course bands
had closed down from here and I just worked hard for the last few contacts.  I had a great run
on 20 meters so I just stayed there for most of the time.  But I had a great time and made contacts
with several club members and a tuff day contesting is better than a good day at the beach.
Well that may be stretching it a bit.  73...   Keith, XE3/K5ENS