[LCC] Upcoming events

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sun Jan 27 22:39:34 CST 2013

Hi Folks,
	T'was a busy weekend. We had the CQ 160 (CW) contest, the Jackson (MS)
hamfest and the BARTG RTTY Sprint. Hope everyone found something they
enjoyed to get into.

We have now confirmed the dates and times of the first two LCC meetings of
the year. The first quarter meeting will be at the Rayne hamfest on March
9. Meeting time is 11 AM.

Our second quarter meeting will be at the Monroe hamfest on April 20, time
12 Noon.

Our new President, Charlie, promises the meetings won't be quite so stuffy,
but we need YOU to plan to attend and participate in the discussions. More
talk about the fun part of contesting and less about the business end. Wish
I had thought of that.

Lots of activities in store for February:
several state QSO parties
Mexico RTTY contest - Feb 2-3
CQ WPX RTTY - Feb 9-10
ARRL DX CW - Feb 16-17
CQ 160 SSB - Feb 22-24
NAQP RTTY - Feb 23-24

March:
ARRL DX SSB - Mar 2-3
Louisiana Contest Club meeting - March 9 in Rayne