[LCC] NAQP SSB K5ER Multi-Op LP

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sun Jan 20 23:07:21 CST 2013

            NAQP SSB Score Summary Sheet

Call Sign Used : K5ER
Operator(s) : K5ER K5ENS

Operator Category : MULTI-TWO
Band : ALL
ARRL Section : LA
Club/Team : Louisiana Contest Club
Software : N1MM Logger V12.12.1

Band	QSOs	Pts	Sec	DX
1.8	25	25	11	0
3.5	87	87	29	0
  7	287	287	46	1
14	162	162	42	0
21	307	307	35	2
28	111	111	12	0
Total	979	979	175	3

Score : 174,262

	Keith, K5ENS, was up from XE3, and came over to operate from the house.
With all the rain and ice (?), the path to the shack was about 3" deep, and
I hadn't been able to get out and move any equipment or cabling. Wasn't
sure if Keith would be running the station as a SO, but managed to convert
to M/2 the night before the contest. My Wife made sure we had plenty to eat
and drink - Thanks Becky! Had a couple of antenna/rotor issues to work
around, but having plenty of aluminum gets you through lots of issues.
First time we used N1MM in networked mode at the house, and it worked
flawlessly. Love that software. With BPFs and mono-band antenna, we had no
inter-station interference. We fell just short of the 1000 Qso goal, but we
managed to work the entire contest without breaking anything.
	Saw Rex, NX8G/5, spotted, but when I got there, it was Dallas, K1DW
calling CQ. A very quick scan of the log showed we got club members Dallas,
K1DW, (x2); Don, AA5AU; Charlie , KI5XP, operating as W5WU(x2); Mark,
N5HMH; and Carlos, KB5YEG. Thanks guys, for lots of fun.